Saturday, May 1, 2010

Cotton Commercials

I think the songs are catchy, and casting rising singers is a good marketing strategy. But why the hell does cotton have commercials? Is cotton going out of style? Are people no longer wearing garments made of cotton? Are blankets being replaced with a cheaper, easily accessible material? None of these things are happening. To me, advertising cotton would be like advertising grass. The touch, the feel (whispers) of grass the plant of our yards. The question is, do these commercials work? When you hear the calming song of cotton, does that make you think, "Hey, I need to buy some more cotton-products, I'm running low!"



While looking for youtube vids for this post, I ran across an amazing cotton commercial from 1992, starring your parent's favorite pal, the shaky-voiced crooner, Aaron Neville. Please enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?