Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Why?



I feel a little disrespectful, questioning these two pioneers' clothing choices, but I can't help it. Can someone please tell me why Whoopi Goldberg and Andre Leon Talley decided to wear their bedding to the  Met Costume Gala? Are these ensembles daring? Yes. Economical?Perhaps. Resourceful? Definitely. But is it fashionable? Hellas No! They might as well be wearing Snuggies.Talk about the walk of shame. Does anyone out there think this looks good? If so, please explain how. 

4 comments:

  1. I'm embarrassed for them. haha Snuggies may have been a step up from whatever their draped with, at least it's recognizable. It would be like "Wow, they are bold to wear snuggies." Instead, we just shake our heads in shame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Women of a certain age and weight bracket are forced to wear shit like that! She can't help it! And it looks like silk which equals fancy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Molly when we get old, and by we I mean you, I will not let you wear those kinds of things! If that means I have to burn all of your curtains and bedding, so be it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well that's why I won't get fat.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?